Friday, July 27, 2012

Literacy Bulletin Boards

Well, friends, I'm three days away from getting into my classroom and starting the process of assembling things for my fourth grade friends who will be coming in just over three week's time!

I'm still sorting through ideas for bulletin boards. I'm sure I will change my mind a gazillion times before it's all said and done. I don't know how you all operate, but I am ALL OVER THE PLACE when I'm setting up a new classroom... I start one project, move over to another before the first one is done and I kind of flit from thing to thing until it's all done. I've worked with other teachers who are far more methodical and actually FINISH the project they start before moving on to another. I just get too excited about things to stay in one spot for that long!

I'm trying to decide how I want to promote literacy on my walls. I mentioned in a previous post that I used to have McDonald's inspired bulletin board for reading... the kids earn pipe-cleaner "French Fries" for a certain amount of pages read or AR points earned. But this year the 4th grade team is doing a Reading Passport (posts forthcoming), and there's no need for the wonderful reading BBs I've had in the past.

Thus begins the search for something new. I was thinking maybe something about reading genres, but it HAS to be interactive. I can't stand non-functional wall decor in my classroom. I googled and found this, which incorporates the genres, but is so much more! I think this might be a winner!



We'll see. I'd love to hear how you promote literacy on your classroom walls!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment